Transferring Microsoft Authenticator to a New Device (Already Signed In)

Anonymous
2024-03-11T14:45:25+00:00

I encountered an issue while upgrading my phone and transferring all accounts to the new device. Despite logging into my Microsoft Authenticator account on the new device, I noticed that my profiles didn't transfer. Following online instructions, I backed up to the cloud. However, as I'm already logged in on the new device, I can't locate the prompt to restore from backup nor find the option to log out to access this link. Should I uninstall and reinstall the app, or is there another solution I might be overlooking? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-11T16:16:23+00:00

    I followed force stop, Uninstalled authenticator, reinstalled and on opening the app there's an option at the bottom of the app to restore..

    I think most of this issue occurs when we switch to a new phone and copy over the apps from another phone. In this case, the best option is to remove authenticator first and reinstall so restore option is available. This is observation from changing 2 devices in last 10 months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-13T04:04:34+00:00

    I change my linkedln authenticator app from unknown person

    He was hacked my account

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more