Transferring Microsoft Authenticator to a New Device (Already Signed In)

Anonymous
2024-03-11T14:45:25+00:00

I encountered an issue while upgrading my phone and transferring all accounts to the new device. Despite logging into my Microsoft Authenticator account on the new device, I noticed that my profiles didn't transfer. Following online instructions, I backed up to the cloud. However, as I'm already logged in on the new device, I can't locate the prompt to restore from backup nor find the option to log out to access this link. Should I uninstall and reinstall the app, or is there another solution I might be overlooking? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T15:54:53+00:00

    OK I figured it out. Need to sign in to MS account website, go to security and add authenticator again. Then it produces the QR code to scan. Thanks everyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T15:27:39+00:00

    It should have populated to enter the email to your organization.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T15:14:12+00:00

    OK transferring of accounts work, but now each one of them says "action required" and asks me to scan a QR code. Where do I get this QR code from? There is no forward to any website, just asks to scan the code?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T15:01:25+00:00

    I actually has the same issue what I did that finally worked bc it showed my accounts on the app. I opened the app clicked the 3 dots on the right. Clicked on settings and then scrolled down to where it said device registration. I clicked on that and then it recognized my new device. All that was left to do was uninstall the app from my old device. So far so good. Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-18T13:36:48+00:00

    Yes, that worked. Microsoft and so many other idiot app designers have their heads up their asses and have NO Idea how the Real World Works!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments