I change my linkedln authenticator app from unknown person
He was hacked my account
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I encountered an issue while upgrading my phone and transferring all accounts to the new device. Despite logging into my Microsoft Authenticator account on the new device, I noticed that my profiles didn't transfer. Following online instructions, I backed up to the cloud. However, as I'm already logged in on the new device, I can't locate the prompt to restore from backup nor find the option to log out to access this link. Should I uninstall and reinstall the app, or is there another solution I might be overlooking? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I change my linkedln authenticator app from unknown person
He was hacked my account
I followed force stop, Uninstalled authenticator, reinstalled and on opening the app there's an option at the bottom of the app to restore..
I think most of this issue occurs when we switch to a new phone and copy over the apps from another phone. In this case, the best option is to remove authenticator first and reinstall so restore option is available. This is observation from changing 2 devices in last 10 months.
Hi!
I modified your response a bit and it worked for me. Note that I had installed the authenticator app on my new phone already and even had 2 applications there that I was willing to forego. They were in the old phone. And both remained in the new authenticator after the restore from back up.
A-On new phone:
B-On old phone:
C-Back to new phone
*Just be careful when you start the authenticator app because it was easy to miss the restore from back up, which I did at first. It is below the sign in portion of the screen. I repeated the entire step from the very beginning step A above to step C and it worked. Of course, the two MS 365 app in the app is asking me to scan the qr code from MS 365 again which was not a problem at all.
Thank you for sharing. The "Force Stop" was the missing link on most of the instructions on the web.
Yes! Yay, glad I could help!!