why a problem with 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based System (KB5036893) "ERROR TO INSTALL"

Anonymous
2024-04-10T02:56:57+00:00

This update has a serious problem. I was checking and it doesn't install along with the others. The Framework update came out and I had to install it alone. That installed without problems. But the update

2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based System (KB5036893)

Install from the updates panel. but when it asks to restart, while Windows is loading, I get the message that it has to reverse the update because it has an error.

I downloaded the file directly from Microsoft to check if it was my computer. But it gave me the same error notice.

My question is: What happened to the update that is giving an error after installing it from the panel, and why do I get the same error with the downloaded file?

Here are the photos I took.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T12:47:05+00:00

    This offline installer is in fact the same way to setup this update. It fails as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T15:22:08+00:00

    On a new Thinkpad X13 Gen 3 - AMD - Win 11 fresh install- getting Install error - 0x800f0845 when Installing 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893.

    When you guys roll out such big updates, are your outsourced QA teams doing any testing before?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T17:47:09+00:00

    Today, this update was replace with update "Windows 11, version 23H2" on my machine. That also will not installl.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T09:48:39+00:00

    Still on error. Nobody resolve that big problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T10:31:08+00:00

    Still on error. Nobody resolve that big problem.

    Based on the log you shared:

    • Open services.msc. Double-click "App Readiness" and set it to Manual.

    See if you can install the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments