why a problem with 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based System (KB5036893) "ERROR TO INSTALL"

Anonymous
2024-04-10T02:56:57+00:00

This update has a serious problem. I was checking and it doesn't install along with the others. The Framework update came out and I had to install it alone. That installed without problems. But the update

2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based System (KB5036893)

Install from the updates panel. but when it asks to restart, while Windows is loading, I get the message that it has to reverse the update because it has an error.

I downloaded the file directly from Microsoft to check if it was my computer. But it gave me the same error notice.

My question is: What happened to the update that is giving an error after installing it from the panel, and why do I get the same error with the downloaded file?

Here are the photos I took.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T15:22:08+00:00

    On a new Thinkpad X13 Gen 3 - AMD - Win 11 fresh install- getting Install error - 0x800f0845 when Installing 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893.

    When you guys roll out such big updates, are your outsourced QA teams doing any testing before?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T12:47:05+00:00

    This offline installer is in fact the same way to setup this update. It fails as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-21T22:22:36+00:00

    I didn’t have any luck with any of the solutions recommended. Gave up trying. Don’t want to mess up something else that causes my computer to completely shutdown. Need it for daily work.

    Hope Microsoft, as big as they are, can find a solution that really works for all their users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-21T21:53:11+00:00

    I have the same error. I got a new laptop yesterday, and this is the only update that hasn't been able to finish. It's literally a brand new computer, less than 24 hours old.

    2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893)

    Install error - 0xc007000d

    Attempt #937904290 after many restarts

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T07:58:42+00:00

    Error 0x80070017 is

    ERROR_CRC

    Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

    Please try the offline installer:

    2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893) windows11.0-kb5036893-x64_f8c0bdc5888eb65b1d68b220b0b87535735f1795.msu

    If that doesn't help, repair Windows 11 using an in-place upgrade. See How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 11 - Microsoft Community: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-in-place-upgrade-in-windows-11/4d469147-2747-4dcb-88a4-aae9273a4500

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments