why a problem with 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based System (KB5036893) "ERROR TO INSTALL"

Anonymous
2024-04-10T02:56:57+00:00

This update has a serious problem. I was checking and it doesn't install along with the others. The Framework update came out and I had to install it alone. That installed without problems. But the update

2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based System (KB5036893)

Install from the updates panel. but when it asks to restart, while Windows is loading, I get the message that it has to reverse the update because it has an error.

I downloaded the file directly from Microsoft to check if it was my computer. But it gave me the same error notice.

My question is: What happened to the update that is giving an error after installing it from the panel, and why do I get the same error with the downloaded file?

Here are the photos I took.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-05T10:33:06+00:00

    KB5036893.... same issue here!!

    I'm afraid that every next update will fail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-05T09:08:27+00:00

    980 wants to restart and restart...does not install.. pending restart and i restart over and over. This was under the name of install: Install error - 0x8007054f

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-28T11:13:46+00:00

    Solved. Somehow. The error has gone today and instead I find a new update (KB5036980).

    And... KB5036893 is not listed anymore, even not in the update history.

    Edit 20 minutes later:

    New KB5036980 fails too!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-28T06:41:01+00:00

    I am getting the below error on multiple domain-joined computers. None of them is pathing to the latest.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments