Cannot remove disconnected devices from Phone Link App on Android

Anonymous
2024-05-28T23:11:04+00:00

Hi, I have a question: I have an Android and in the Phone Link app I have old computers that are no longer connected, and even some computers with the same name, also offline. But I cannot remove them, it says they're disconnected but there's no longer a remove option.

Does anybody have the same issue?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-28T23:51:24+00:00

    Hello Fernando, sorry about your problems. My name is Marco and I will do my best to help you.

    If you don't see the delete option in the phone link app, maybe you can uninstall it and reinstall it to remove the connections.

    You can do this via Powershell.

    Open the Windows start menu and type: powershell

    Right-click on it to run it as admin.

    Enter the following command to uninstall it:

    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

    To reinstall it, go to the Microsoft Store and search for Phone link. If you can't find it, you can reinstall it via powershell too... Here is the command to enter: Get-AppXPackage *Microsoft.YourPhone* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-29T09:16:31+00:00

    Thanks for the quick answer, but the problem is with the app on my phone, not the desktop one. When I tap on the disconnected devices there's no remove option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-29T14:08:46+00:00

    Ok, but if you delete them on your desktop, would they be deleted on your phone? via synchronization?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-29T14:25:01+00:00

    I guess not. I also checked my devices in my Microsoft account and I have 0 mobile devices (Android/iOS).

    When I formatted my computer a while back, I removed first my phone from the app, and I thought it would remove the computer from the phone app via synchronization. Now I have 2 computers with the same name listed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-30T04:03:05+00:00

    Hi I have the same problem, I think it was because I reinstalled Windows without unlink the device, so my old connection is still registered in my Microsoft account. But I do not see it under my device in my Microsoft account (it only shows Windows device).

    So when I relink my phone, it link as a new connection, and the old link is shown disconnected. I tried reset both phone and windows app, But as soon as connect the duplicate will show again.

    I believe the issue is somewhere in Microsoft account still has the record of the old connection

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments