Microsoft Store doesn't work or open at all

Anonymous
2024-05-15T17:32:36+00:00

Hi!

I have tried many months to fix Microsoft Store. I have ran commands on PowerShell and nothing works. Microsoft Store doesn't even show up in the app list or system apps list.

Any ideas what to do? Could I reinstall the whole Store somehow? I'm hopeless.

Thanks for helping!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-05-15T19:45:29+00:00

    If you have a third-party VPN or Antivirus installed, please try to temporarily uninstall it then check if the issue persists.

    Please try changing your Region to United States if it helps.

    Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

    **Reset the Microsoft Store cache

    Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box,

    type wsreset.exe -i

    and then select OK.

    Note:

    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close, and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

    **Check the Microsoft Store Install Service

    Press the Windows Key + S and type in services.msc.

    Find the Microsoft Store Install Service and double click, If the status is Running, right click it then select Restart

    If disabled, change it to Automatic, click Start and click OK.

    **Please try to run SFC and DISM to check for any system errors and corrupted files.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

    After that, restart your computer

    **Reset the Microsoft Store app

    Press Start then search Microsoft Store

    Right click it then select App settings

    Click Terminate > Repair > Reset

    **Re-register and reinstall the Microsoft Store app

    Press Windows key + X

    Click and Run Windows Terminal (Admin)

    Copy and paste the command below then press Enter.

    Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

    Restart your computer

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T18:31:12+00:00

    Hi!

    Last time the store worked correctly like 2 months ago. Since that I have done many of the things that you can find when you seach "Microsoft Store not working" and look for a fix.

    As I said the store doesn't show up on the setting's app list so I can't run any troubleshooters. Also wsreset.something just says that store couldn't open task. When I click the store icon on the app list when you press windows key it just tries to update or download something since it shows a bar and then nothing happens.

    I also tried running some code in PowerShell but it gives an error and can't finish the program. If I understood correctly it can't either find something or some program is running and blocking it from executing.

    I hope this clears my problem. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-05-15T18:03:19+00:00

    Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

    I'll be asking a few questions so I can have a better idea what solutions to provide.

    When was the last time it worked properly? Have you made any changes to your computer recently?

    What are some of the steps you tried to fix the issue, so I don't have to suggest it again?

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments