Microsoft Store doesn't work or open at all

Anonymous
2024-05-15T17:32:36+00:00

Hi!

I have tried many months to fix Microsoft Store. I have ran commands on PowerShell and nothing works. Microsoft Store doesn't even show up in the app list or system apps list.

Any ideas what to do? Could I reinstall the whole Store somehow? I'm hopeless.

Thanks for helping!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T16:23:22+00:00

    Thank you so much! Final got it work. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-05-16T14:41:45+00:00

    Please try performing an In-place Upgrade. Performing this can repair broken operating system files while your personal files, settings and installed applications will not be removed.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Few things to check on the PC

    **Unplug all external peripherals except for the Mouse, Keyboard, and LAN cable before starting

    **Disable or uninstall any 3rd party Anti-Virus program to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T14:13:56+00:00

    I just remember that the problems started when I deleted Xbox app.

    I did these steps but when I try to install the Xbox app I get error code (0x80070003).

    Anything else I could do?

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-05-16T06:22:47+00:00

    Please try this if it helps.

    Please make sure to uninstall the Microsoft Store and Xbox app first.

    **Uninstall the Microsoft Store app:

    Press Windows key + X

    Click and Run Windows Terminal (Admin). Copy and paste the command below then press Enter.

    get-appxpackage *WindowsStore* | remove-appxpackage

    **Uninstall the Xbox app

    Open Settings then select Apps

    Under Apps and Features, find Xbox app

    Click More then Uninstall

    Once the two apps are uninstalled, install the Xbox app from the link below

    https://aka.ms/XboxInstaller

    Restart your computer then open the Xbox app

    This will prompt to install the Microsoft Store app

    Please check if the issue persists.

    Kindly let me know if you have any further concerns.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T06:10:09+00:00

    None of these methods worked. I have tried all of them before and did again now.

    When I run the wsreset.exe I get this message. Which says "Can't open link..." and "Your device needs new app to open this link."

    Image

    Also when I run the long code in the PowerShell it gives me a lot of red error text and gave me for example this error code "0x80073CF6".

    Image

    Do you have any idea whats wrong? Or what can I do any more?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments