Microsoft Store doesn't work or open at all

Anonymous
2024-05-15T17:32:36+00:00

Hi!

I have tried many months to fix Microsoft Store. I have ran commands on PowerShell and nothing works. Microsoft Store doesn't even show up in the app list or system apps list.

Any ideas what to do? Could I reinstall the whole Store somehow? I'm hopeless.

Thanks for helping!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-29T17:54:54+00:00

    Microsoft has a monopoly on PC's, so there is no solution.

    These tech people just want to put something on their resumes. They know that there is no solution.

    Microsoft hates their customers, because they don't have to compete to earn them.

    All Microsoft products are pure trash.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T18:12:46+00:00

    Hi!

    I have tried many months to fix Microsoft Store. I have ran commands on PowerShell and nothing works. Microsoft Store doesn't even show up in the app list or system apps list.

    Any ideas what to do? Could I reinstall the whole Store somehow? I'm hopeless.

    Thanks for helping!

    I tried everything to fix this issue myself turns out it was becasue my pc wasnt allowing my apps to obtain account information.

    There is a super easy fix

    1. Go to settings
    2. Privacy and Security
    3. Scroll down to Account Info
    4. Under Let Apps Access Your Account Info check the Microsoft Content and Email and Accounts

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-10T20:24:59+00:00

    I tried this, but the Xbox app could not be uploaded. It gave error 0x80070490

    Any ideas would be nice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-05-16T14:41:45+00:00

    Please try performing an In-place Upgrade. Performing this can repair broken operating system files while your personal files, settings and installed applications will not be removed.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Few things to check on the PC

    **Unplug all external peripherals except for the Mouse, Keyboard, and LAN cable before starting

    **Disable or uninstall any 3rd party Anti-Virus program to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-05-15T18:03:19+00:00

    Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

    I'll be asking a few questions so I can have a better idea what solutions to provide.

    When was the last time it worked properly? Have you made any changes to your computer recently?

    What are some of the steps you tried to fix the issue, so I don't have to suggest it again?

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments