How to fix Microsoft store error "Something went wrong. we're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Try refreshing or come back later." Code: 0x80070005

Reported
Anonymous
2024-05-02T01:39:19+00:00

I would put an image here but it says "File(s) failed to upload."

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T17:19:51+00:00

    Solved for me:

    Running windows 10 on my computer (see below); I ran into this issue and couldn't install a hand full of apps through the Microsoft store, including the 'App Installer' which also prevented me from unpacking/installing some apps separately from the store.

    Upon giving up, I decided to get windows 11 but needed to enable 'Firmware TPM' in my bios to qualify. After enabling TPM and before upgrading to windows 11, I tried the store again and it worked!

    Here's how to enable TPM: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enable-tpm-2-0-on-your-pc-1fd5a332-360d-4f46-a1e7-ae6b0c90645c#bkmk\_enable\_tpm

    I hope this helps someone else out as well!

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-28T23:18:55+00:00

    Hi guys and girls:
    The Store (on my ARM64 computer Qualcomm X-Elite) has been running as well as it does on Google Pixel 4a5G - which is to say it is terrific. I don't know what changed. I don't think it was a byproduct of applying the pre-release cumulative update. It was not mentioned in the fixed items or known items. (Hmmm).
    2024-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for arm64-based Systems (KB5046740)

    2024-11 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 24H2 for arm64 (KB5048162)

    Also, when I run check for updates, I was getting frequent occurrences of it failing to install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - xxxxx - Current Channel (Broad). Now it works like a champion.

    Perhaps it was tweaked on the cloud side edge.

    But that darn Feedback Hub app still presents with

    Of all things to break! This must be an easy fix for this.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-29T00:33:26+00:00

    Good find. Fascinating.

    Out of curiosity, I am wondering why you were hesitant to upgrade to Windows 11? Do you have games or hardware drivers that made you hesitant to upgrade.

    Besides from all the 'what looks like are cosmetic' changes are improvements in the form of efficiency and protection in the OS

    (NT).

    Thanks for posting that fix.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-01T02:02:48+00:00

    I would put an image here but it says "File(s) failed to upload."

    now its letting me so here it is:

    Image

    i not download for roblox

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-01T21:13:23+00:00

    Hello, I'm Vemmy a user like you, and I am here to offer help.

    Here are three solutions that might help you with the problems you are experiencing.

    Reset the Microsoft Store Cache

    Press Windows key + R a box will appear called Run. In the box please type wsreset.exe

    Update Windows

    Settings -> Windows Updates -> Check For updates

    Download and install the latest updates and restart your PC.

    Microsoft Store still doesn't work? This is the best solution. (my opinion)

    If these options did not work for you, there is a way to download apps from Microsoft's website. You can find this by clicking the search option in the right corner, between "All Microsoft" and "Cart." When you click on search, type in the app you want to download. If you would like to browse apps, you can search for an app. This method should allow you to download apps without using Microsoft store app on your PC.

    *When doing this method please make sure to run it twice to get app installer the first time to set up. Also, make sure under "Installing apps only from Microsoft Store helps protect your device." Make sure it says "Anywhere".

    Image

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8VfW1ayoA

    Hope this helps!

    0 comments No comments