How to fix Microsoft store error "Something went wrong. we're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Try refreshing or come back later." Code: 0x80070005

Reported
Anonymous
2024-05-02T01:39:19+00:00

I would put an image here but it says "File(s) failed to upload."

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T01:40:27+00:00

    I would put an image here but it says "File(s) failed to upload."

    now its letting me so here it is:

    0 comments No comments
  2. David Sanchez 19,125 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-05-02T02:26:58+00:00

    Hi Hello! My name is David. I am a user of Microsoft products like you, and it is a pleasure to greet you.

    I understand you're encountering the error code 0x80070005 in the Microsoft Store on Windows 11. This is typically related to permission issues. Please follow these steps:

    1. Go to Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters.

    Next to Windows Store Apps, click Run. This tool can automatically find and fix some common problems.

    1. Reset the Microsoft Store cache:
    • Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter. A blank Command Prompt window will appear, and after about ten seconds, the window will close and the Store will open automatically.
    1. Check for Windows Updates, open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Click Check for updates and install any available updates.
    2. Adjust User Account Control settings:
    • Open the Run dialog again (Windows + R), type "control", and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
    • Go to User Accounts > Change User Account Control settings.
    • Move the slider to Never notify, click OK, and then try accessing the Store again. (You can reset this to its original setting after testing.)

    Let me know if the shared information has been helpful. Regards.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-05T04:22:34+00:00

    I'm having the same issue. Unsure what the deal is. I noticed it a week ago after trying to install an app.

    For the fix steps:

    1. Where is that? It doesn't exist on the most updated version I have of Windows 11 Pro (see image below).
    2. I've done this a lot. No dice on wsreset.exe.
    3. Do it daily, same issue.
    4. My Account Control settings have always been that way the two plus years of owning this computer

    In the past the Killer Services used to interfer with Windows updates, Outlook/OneDrive synchronizing, and even accessing some MS sites. disabling them did nothing this time.

    Image

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-10T16:08:06+00:00

    I would put an image here but it says "File(s) failed to upload."

    This issue on microsoft store only in one app. every another app work properly .Something went wrong. We're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Try refreshing or come back later.

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-11T02:15:21+00:00

    I was having the same issue (Win 11). I went in to the Settings on Killer and hit the reset. I had to manually restart updates in the MSFT Store, but of them updated.

    0 comments No comments