How to fix Microsoft store error "Something went wrong. we're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Try refreshing or come back later." Code: 0x80070005

Reported
Anonymous
2024-05-02T01:39:19+00:00

I would put an image here but it says "File(s) failed to upload."

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-08T07:46:58+00:00

    I am experiencing the same issue. I am unable to update or install new applications from the Windows Store. I have around 47 pending updates, and I believe the only solution is to perform a hard reset.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T08:19:02+00:00

    Hi

    I have tried multiple options but cannot download Messenger - am still getting the error Code: 0x803FB005

    Can you please help?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-02T15:44:30+00:00

    Mainly just the desire to not deal with all the potential incompatibly that comes with upgrading... I tend to work with some older software, and to have some of it just stop working would be a real hassle.

    That and I feel like whenever I do something on windows 11 it has to pull up a window/popup from windows 10.

    Interestingly though, this did solve my issues with 'App Installer' and a bunch of other apps. I still seem to have some lingering issues with 'Microsoft Photos' so I cant say I'm out of the woods yet... as of right now this is the only app that I've noticed that does not work.

    I will update this thread again if I run into more solves.

    Thank you

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-01T23:47:32+00:00

    Vemmy

    Thank you for your response.
    I just went to the STORE and received the message "something happened on our end."

    I used the wsReset.exe command.

    The download completed.
    Thank you.

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-01T21:13:23+00:00

    Hello, I'm Vemmy a user like you, and I am here to offer help.

    Here are three solutions that might help you with the problems you are experiencing.

    Reset the Microsoft Store Cache

    Press Windows key + R a box will appear called Run. In the box please type wsreset.exe

    Update Windows

    Settings -> Windows Updates -> Check For updates

    Download and install the latest updates and restart your PC.

    Microsoft Store still doesn't work? This is the best solution. (my opinion)

    If these options did not work for you, there is a way to download apps from Microsoft's website. You can find this by clicking the search option in the right corner, between "All Microsoft" and "Cart." When you click on search, type in the app you want to download. If you would like to browse apps, you can search for an app. This method should allow you to download apps without using Microsoft store app on your PC.

    *When doing this method please make sure to run it twice to get app installer the first time to set up. Also, make sure under "Installing apps only from Microsoft Store helps protect your device." Make sure it says "Anywhere".

    Image

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8VfW1ayoA

    Hope this helps!

    0 comments No comments