How to fix Microsoft store error "Something went wrong. we're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Try refreshing or come back later." Code: 0x80070005

Reported
Anonymous
2024-05-02T01:39:19+00:00

I would put an image here but it says "File(s) failed to upload."

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T02:36:03+00:00

    I've been a Windows user since the days of DOS,😀 as both a developer and home user. The funny thing is, I never used the Store until I was gifted a Samsung Book4 Edge, Qualcomm X-Elite, Arm64 laptop, Windows 11 24H2.

    Now I go to the Store for the latest versions of Windows Terminal and Powershell. I am also pleasantly surprised to see the latest version of many of my apps are updating in the background.

    Early on, I would get the message, "Something is wrong on our side," very frequently. I suspected it had to do with the ARM64 version of the Store. What really annoyed me was the inability to report the problem using the Feedback Hub app.

    I reported both problems on the Web version of the Feedback Hub. Somewhere along the way, after a 2nd Tuesday Pre Release/Update, the Feedback Hub app and the Store began working - consistently.

    I also would very frequently get an error in Check for Updates when downloading updated virus definitions If I sent directly to the Virus subsection of Settings, I could load the update. That left me scratching my head. I wrote a PowerShell scripts to automate it using Windows Background Transfer Service.

    But here is the thing, that I didn't take into consideration. Just last night I encountered the same problem with the Store and during Check for Updates. I realized I was using Wi-Fi rather than a direct Ethernet connection.

    So, I am left wondering, if that is a coincidence or a piece of the puzzle?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more