I'm on a laptop. There's no scroll wheel. What now?
Hate the narrow scroll bar.
In fact, can't think of anything I like about Windows 11 over Windows 10. Or Windows 7 for that matter.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I wish I had blocked the forced "upgrade" to Windows 11.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm on a laptop. There's no scroll wheel. What now?
Hate the narrow scroll bar.
In fact, can't think of anything I like about Windows 11 over Windows 10. Or Windows 7 for that matter.
I liked Windows XP-professional.
I've just killed all the system apps. Directory Opus in place of Explorer. Start 11 in place of the start menu. Chrome to remove edge. The old notepad.exe from Win Vista in place of notepad. I still have the issue that I can't see which window has focus and end up typing in the wrong window.
Microsoft (and some of the posters here) figure you can "scroll anywhere" but it's a rubbish answer and ignores people like me who have visual impairments. To me it's an ADA lawsuit waiting to happen. I hope someone actually does it. The accessibility solution, as many have pointed out, only affect some applications.
I am not sure if the registry edit works on the many unaffected apps, but if it does I may have to go crawling to our IT people and beg for something they just won't want to do.
Obviously Microsoft have adopted the Tump mentality of not listening to anybody or even hearing what everybody is saying. All the young developers & system geeks with great vision and dexterity are ignoring the needs of older or impaired users. Just wait until they get a bit older......., we will all be dead, but they will inherit and experience their own design problems. PLEASE give us the ability to easily customise the scroll bar width for ALL standard windows apps via the display settings (not via the registry). Make it a priority for the July 2025 windows update throw some resources at it and get it done. You will hear the world of Windows users breathe a sigh of relief and see them smile as they walk down the street.