Why is the scroll bar in Windows 11 so narrow? In what world is this an improvement?

Anonymous
2024-06-27T01:49:22+00:00

I wish I had blocked the forced "upgrade" to Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-30T19:50:03+00:00

    I am so angry about this change. File Explorer has lost a massive amount of functionality for my office. This is not an "improvement." Minimalism is an idiotic objective if it results in empty white spaces with no options for functionality. I don't care what is convenient for touch screens. We use traditional computers with separate screens, mice, and keyboards. What - are you trying to model your business around getting rid of us? As other have stated, using a scroll wheel is tedious if you have a massive folder to go through or hundreds of line items to get past. Changing the settings so scroll bars are always visible does nothing to help. What the actual hell are you Microsoft Designers doing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T16:34:01+00:00

    Why is this blocked? I am unable to increase the size by toggle. This is ridiculous

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T14:12:14+00:00

    I was forced to migrate to W11 from W10 by my company a couple of day ago. What a pain! But to be honest, they could make it much worse. So, let's thank Microsoft for not revealing all of the aces they had in the hole (I bet, they've had ideas of much more annoying things on the table).

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T13:15:22+00:00

    Thanks, I am struggling with ALS (Lou Gehrig's) and using head-tracking mouse. I feel helpless regarding the neglect of the Accessibility features of Windows. This is a proof of that Microsoft doesn't care about the people with disabilities.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T00:54:37+00:00

    Sorry, but why is the scroll bar width (or height) specified according to pixel count? Wouldn't it make more sense as a proportion of the total screen width (or height)? This would help those of us with high resolution displays avoid digging through the registry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments