Why is the scroll bar in Windows 11 so narrow? In what world is this an improvement?

Anonymous
2024-06-27T01:49:22+00:00

I wish I had blocked the forced "upgrade" to Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-09T01:54:14+00:00

    Using the scroll wheel is only possible if you are using a mouse without one. I am using an old trackman marble mouse and it doesn't have a scroll wheel. Forcing "improvements" on people without any option to change it on their device, is pretty crummy thing for a company to do. And no i will not be switching out my mouse, this one can be used on any surface and in a tiny amount of space. Not that i'm trying to advertise it to anyone but it is my favorite mouse, the best i have ever used in over 20 years. I don't have to worry about having enough desk space or having a mouse pad to have a functional mouse. I also dislike using the arrow keys since the movement is very choppy and not great for reading continuously.

    I am going to try out the fixes offered in this thread. I just wanted to share my thoughts on this so called improvement that reduced accessibility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T14:48:21+00:00

    Yes, there are apps and situations that I would rather use the scroll bar, but you guys made the thing too narrow. You young people need to think about older people, people with visual and other problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T11:44:34+00:00

    Thank you. I did not word my problem correctly. But that is exactly what I am having issues with. Please Please someone fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T15:39:18+00:00

    The registry fix that K0MB described does not fix the VERY SERIOUS unresolved problem that the scrollbar width on core system apps such as the File Explorer app is way too small even to be suitable for people who have no serious medical accessibility issues. The registry fix that I repeat below only seems to affect the width of the scrollbar in apps that are not core system apps, for example browsers, but does not improve the scroll bar size of File Explorer.

    I quote the registry fix that does NOT FIX core system apps such as File Explorer etc scrollbar widths.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics.
    Modify the ScrollHeight and ScrollWidth values

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments