I absolutely agree! Why remove tools that every heavy user of PC used and appreciated! Please give us back control on our softwares!
Why is the scroll bar in Windows 11 so narrow? In what world is this an improvement?
I wish I had blocked the forced "upgrade" to Windows 11.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-07-01T02:14:40+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-06-19T13:37:08+00:00 This is not new, nor is this an improvement.
-
Anonymous
2025-06-12T14:15:03+00:00 Design that compromises usability is bad design. Stop trying to force everyone into the One Right Answer. Leave that to Apple.
Let's see you scroll-wheel your way through a 300 page e-textbook.
If I have to edit the registry to fix your bad design, you failed.
-
Anonymous
2025-06-07T23:43:52+00:00 As I said, I think this problem appears specifically on my system because of the 4K displays. The items in settings > system > display do give you control over the size of text and icons, etc, but I don't have any problem with these - they are set at 200% and are fine that way. The settings do not give you direct control over the width of scroll bars. It is possible to specify this in the registry, but not all programs seem to use this registry setting. Changing it affects some programs, but, as it turns out, it doesn't affect the programs that are the most problematic.
-
Anonymous
2025-06-06T21:34:49+00:00 Why the hell would Microsoft listen to its users. After all they went and followed the under dog Apple and made their systems suck just as much as iOS. This is what happens when you hire IDIOTS to program your software and have incompetent Designers and QA people.
And
No the Registry didn't work.