This is not new, nor is this an improvement.
Why is the scroll bar in Windows 11 so narrow? In what world is this an improvement?
I wish I had blocked the forced "upgrade" to Windows 11.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-06-19T13:37:08+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-07-01T02:14:40+00:00 I absolutely agree! Why remove tools that every heavy user of PC used and appreciated! Please give us back control on our softwares!
-
Anonymous
2025-06-06T21:34:49+00:00 Why the hell would Microsoft listen to its users. After all they went and followed the under dog Apple and made their systems suck just as much as iOS. This is what happens when you hire IDIOTS to program your software and have incompetent Designers and QA people.
And
No the Registry didn't work.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-29T13:42:20+00:00 Some of us with disabilities cannot use a mouse with a wheel and need to utilize the scroll bar when using mouse alternatives.
I am so disappointed that Microsoft does not consider this an accessibility issue and have an option for customization.
This may limit my ability to have gainful employment if I cannot find a solution!
-
Anonymous
2025-06-04T13:25:21+00:00 Scroll bars are still the shortest way to get to the bottom of a long document. You'll get an RSI from a scroll wheel. As usual, Microsoft designs for a single user type instead of recognizing that there are a vast number of types and they all have different needs or preferences. But everyone has to be hammered into the same shape hole. Windows used to be flexible, but Microsoft is removing more and more options in a bid to be just like Apple -- forget what you think you need, this is what you are allowed to have. The fact that you are even being asked this question indicates that there are use cases that require a scroll bar, and you've left them out in the cold. If I have to edit the registry to do such a simple thing, you failed.