Hi Michael,
Great, glad to hear that :)
Regards,
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have three Windows update errors 0x80070020, error (KB5039211) and error (0x80070643).
I have gone through the process of ;
1, Extending the partition through CMD prompt
2, Running the Troubleshooter
3, Resetting the Windows Updates Components
4, Installed the latest .NET
This makes no difference to the update error problem.
Best regards,
Michael.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Michael,
Great, glad to hear that :)
Regards,
Is Process Explorer running elevated? If so, please boot into Safe mode and delete that folder.
Hi Ramesh
I could not delete the BT folder from Safe mode (so actually I had to dump it onto the desktop) but update still have the errors?
Best regards,
Michael.
Michael,
The setup couldn't access a file in that folder, so it failed.
Download AdvancedRun from Nirsoft.net. https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/advanced_run.html
Run AdvancedRun and start cmd.exe as TrustedInstaller. (see screenshot here.)
In the TrustedInstaller Command Prompt, run:
rd /s /q "C:\$WINDOWS.~BT"
Press Enter.