Hi Michael,
Great, glad to hear that :)
Regards,
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have three Windows update errors 0x80070020, error (KB5039211) and error (0x80070643).
I have gone through the process of ;
1, Extending the partition through CMD prompt
2, Running the Troubleshooter
3, Resetting the Windows Updates Components
4, Installed the latest .NET
This makes no difference to the update error problem.
Best regards,
Michael.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Michael,
Great, glad to hear that :)
Regards,
Is the error code the same (i.e., 0x80070020) in the setupact.log?
Sorry I don't know this level of Windows
Can you share the latest setupact.log? If the error code is same as before, some third-party drivers need to be uninstalled. One of them is locking the install.wim image.
If you don't want to troubleshoot this, you can try a clean installation of Windows 11 after backing up your data.