108ºC is a very high temperature for an Intel i9 14900k, 100ºC is the max rated temperature for that processor, so you may have found the problem...
Getting random BSOD or black screen on new windows 11/10 installation. Need help figuring out why.
I have updated the bios and are running in stock settings but with Intels fails safe update enable and made sure all drivers are up to date from the support page from ASUS.
Usually when i have unreal egnine or a game with Battle eye or Discord open my PC crashes to a bluescreen or black screen and reboots. But the PC could crash in to bsod at randome after working fine for extensive usage.
I have run mem64 with to errors, + Memory Diagnostic no error + SFC/scannow with to errors + DISM commands and no errors.
Please help me to get my PC more stable or figure out what is causing the crashes!
Thank you :)
link to DMP file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2i13zkkotkaw6n5/062424-11296-01.dmp/file
Edit:
The problem I hade was insufficient cooling for my i9 14900k.
It was difficult to diagnose because the temperature could sometimes be stable for a good amout of hours.
But the give away was that the crashes hade much closer intervals when it began to crash and I couldn't get a good dump file.
Here is a great video that describes the problem. https://youtu.be/xbhk-le8u2U?si=OsWpBKHf9qPRCZPn
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-06-25T15:37:42+00:00 Glad to help!
-
Anonymous
2024-06-25T16:02:31+00:00 No im stuck again in bsod loop :(
Its a new bsod code everytime, it feels like
Mostly it's
system thred exeption not handeld
I can't evenboot to safemode, maybe I get lucky with a good boot soon so I can uppload the crash files 🙏
-
Anonymous
2024-06-25T16:05:30+00:00 Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down
Do this twice
On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.
Please try each option one at a time, then see if Windows will boot up normally.
Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Repair
See if Windows startup can repair itself
Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - System Restore
Check to see if you have a restore point you can go back to
-
Anonymous
2024-06-25T16:11:36+00:00 I tried this with the system restore point too.
No luck :(
Im gonna try to do a reset this PC, keep my files, (cloud download did not work) Local reinstall.
Se if we can start from the begining, if this dosent work i have a usb with windows installation im gonna try to reset with again.