Getting random BSOD or black screen on new windows 11/10 installation. Need help figuring out why.

Anonymous
2024-06-24T16:22:11+00:00

I have updated the bios and are running in stock settings but with Intels fails safe update enable and made sure all drivers are up to date from the support page from ASUS.
Usually when i have unreal egnine or a game with Battle eye or Discord open my PC crashes to a bluescreen or black screen and reboots. But the PC could crash in to bsod at randome after working fine for extensive usage.

I have run mem64 with to errors, + Memory Diagnostic no error + SFC/scannow with to errors + DISM commands and no errors.

Please help me to get my PC more stable or figure out what is causing the crashes!

Thank you :)

link to DMP file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2i13zkkotkaw6n5/062424-11296-01.dmp/file

Edit:

The problem I hade was insufficient cooling for my i9 14900k.

It was difficult to diagnose because the temperature could sometimes be stable for a good amout of hours.

But the give away was that the crashes hade much closer intervals when it began to crash and I couldn't get a good dump file.

Here is a great video that describes the problem. https://youtu.be/xbhk-le8u2U?si=OsWpBKHf9qPRCZPn

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-06-27T13:48:11+00:00

108ºC is a very high temperature for an Intel i9 14900k, 100ºC is the max rated temperature for that processor, so you may have found the problem...

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T16:46:36+00:00

    I will do this, you are right.

    I think I wanna try windows 10, maybe it workes better? :)

    Can you explain generic error? It's just "bad luck"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T16:43:37+00:00

    More generic errors were found in those new minidump files, I think now the best option is to backup your files, then create a bootable Windows USB and use that to clean install Windows to rule out system corruption.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T16:36:52+00:00

    It's back to crashing:(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T16:28:42+00:00

    Okay so crazy story hehe

    I couldent repair as i said, so what i tried before reinstalling windows was to reset bios, i made those thunderbolt changes (y)

    But now i somehow got in to windows!

    After resenting bios!

    To be sure its still nothing crazy i am sending the new crash files

    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9emy3pegbo50w/dump

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments