Getting random BSOD or black screen on new windows 11/10 installation. Need help figuring out why.

Anonymous
2024-06-24T16:22:11+00:00

I have updated the bios and are running in stock settings but with Intels fails safe update enable and made sure all drivers are up to date from the support page from ASUS.
Usually when i have unreal egnine or a game with Battle eye or Discord open my PC crashes to a bluescreen or black screen and reboots. But the PC could crash in to bsod at randome after working fine for extensive usage.

I have run mem64 with to errors, + Memory Diagnostic no error + SFC/scannow with to errors + DISM commands and no errors.

Please help me to get my PC more stable or figure out what is causing the crashes!

Thank you :)

link to DMP file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2i13zkkotkaw6n5/062424-11296-01.dmp/file

Edit:

The problem I hade was insufficient cooling for my i9 14900k.

It was difficult to diagnose because the temperature could sometimes be stable for a good amout of hours.

But the give away was that the crashes hade much closer intervals when it began to crash and I couldn't get a good dump file.

Here is a great video that describes the problem. https://youtu.be/xbhk-le8u2U?si=OsWpBKHf9qPRCZPn

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-06-27T13:48:11+00:00

108ºC is a very high temperature for an Intel i9 14900k, 100ºC is the max rated temperature for that processor, so you may have found the problem...

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T17:55:01+00:00

    Do you have any external Bluetooth devices connected to your PC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T17:52:09+00:00

    I downloaded them from armour crate and it worked, they are gone :)

    Thank you

    now its this one:
    Bluetooth Peripheral Device

    : BTHENUM{0000fea0-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0001000f_PID&1200

    I have the laster bluethooth driver installed from asus suport page (y)

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T17:20:12+00:00

    Both the Device ID's (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A77D & ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085) in Device Manager resolves to the Intel Chipset drivers

    Go to the support page for your motherboard, then form there, download and re-install the version of Intel Chipset drivers they provide.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T17:01:19+00:00

    Okay i will try one more thing now when it feels stable, i think it could be a driver issue still, or a device i have connected to the PC, i have a old cable for my PS5 controller i am using that i have unpluged.

    I have two drivers in my device manager that is being unknown or not installed (Yellow triangel).

    The Hardware ID is:
    Unknown device: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085

    PCI Data Acquisition and Singal Processing Controller: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A77D&SUBSYS_88821043&REV_01

    I have windows 10 pro
    Motherboard: asus z790-i wifi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments