Getting random BSOD or black screen on new windows 11/10 installation. Need help figuring out why.

Anonymous
2024-06-24T16:22:11+00:00

I have updated the bios and are running in stock settings but with Intels fails safe update enable and made sure all drivers are up to date from the support page from ASUS.
Usually when i have unreal egnine or a game with Battle eye or Discord open my PC crashes to a bluescreen or black screen and reboots. But the PC could crash in to bsod at randome after working fine for extensive usage.

I have run mem64 with to errors, + Memory Diagnostic no error + SFC/scannow with to errors + DISM commands and no errors.

Please help me to get my PC more stable or figure out what is causing the crashes!

Thank you :)

link to DMP file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2i13zkkotkaw6n5/062424-11296-01.dmp/file

Edit:

The problem I hade was insufficient cooling for my i9 14900k.

It was difficult to diagnose because the temperature could sometimes be stable for a good amout of hours.

But the give away was that the crashes hade much closer intervals when it began to crash and I couldn't get a good dump file.

Here is a great video that describes the problem. https://youtu.be/xbhk-le8u2U?si=OsWpBKHf9qPRCZPn

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-06-27T13:48:11+00:00

108ºC is a very high temperature for an Intel i9 14900k, 100ºC is the max rated temperature for that processor, so you may have found the problem...

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T06:09:36+00:00

    Your new minidump files indicate a Thunderbolt driver caused your PC to crash.

    Go to the support page for your PC on the manufacturers website to check if there are any Thunderbolt drivers available in the Chipset section and re-install them from there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T00:08:05+00:00

    Sadly its not stable as i hoped, it has gotten alot worse sence the driver verifier task :(
    Mainly its the boot to start windows, when i am in windows it semes like its stable.

    here is some more mini dump files (y)

    Ill wait to se what we find!

    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/n7xsh3vua7qg3/minidump_03

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T23:38:06+00:00

    I finnaly managed to get the PC stable i think, here is the files :)

    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fug6rgvfwcz6a/minidump_02

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T23:37:18+00:00

    Thank you for the reply,

    That was hell to get the pc to boot after driver verifier.

    When I was trying to boot to safe mode I get:

    Stop code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

    What failed: ntoskrnl.exe

    And sometimes when it is trying to enter the recovery enviorment I get some random bsod.

    Bsod exempel I got trying to boot:

    • Nmi hard were failure
    • Acpi bios
    • Special pool detected memory curruption
    • Hal initilitation failed
    • Pnf list corrupt

    Finnaly I managed to boot windows and I ran

    1.verifier /reset

    2.verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail

    BUT after the VERIFIER RESET and Verifier bootmode resetfail reboot I still got bsod:

    -hypervisor error

    -system thred exeption not handeld

    • kernel security check failure

    Now I am finnaly in the pc again and gonna try to uppload the dump files

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments