Getting random BSOD or black screen on new windows 11/10 installation. Need help figuring out why.

Anonymous
2024-06-24T16:22:11+00:00

I have updated the bios and are running in stock settings but with Intels fails safe update enable and made sure all drivers are up to date from the support page from ASUS.
Usually when i have unreal egnine or a game with Battle eye or Discord open my PC crashes to a bluescreen or black screen and reboots. But the PC could crash in to bsod at randome after working fine for extensive usage.

I have run mem64 with to errors, + Memory Diagnostic no error + SFC/scannow with to errors + DISM commands and no errors.

Please help me to get my PC more stable or figure out what is causing the crashes!

Thank you :)

link to DMP file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2i13zkkotkaw6n5/062424-11296-01.dmp/file

Edit:

The problem I hade was insufficient cooling for my i9 14900k.

It was difficult to diagnose because the temperature could sometimes be stable for a good amout of hours.

But the give away was that the crashes hade much closer intervals when it began to crash and I couldn't get a good dump file.

Here is a great video that describes the problem. https://youtu.be/xbhk-le8u2U?si=OsWpBKHf9qPRCZPn

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-06-27T13:48:11+00:00

108ºC is a very high temperature for an Intel i9 14900k, 100ºC is the max rated temperature for that processor, so you may have found the problem...

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T15:26:03+00:00

    So it just crashes again to bsod after i made the most resent post...

    I managed to look inside the devicemanager and after disabeling thunderbolt in bios it is gone inside the device manager.

    The bsod i got now was:

    Stop code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

    What failed: ntoskrnl.exe

    Im gonna try to edit this comment with a new crash file

    https://www.mediafire.com/file/cwkaviqln6qota9/062524-8156-01.dmp/file

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T15:21:07+00:00

    I disabled Thunderbolt driver in the device manager and still got stuck in bsod when trying to boot or use windows.

    Then i managed to disable All Thunderbolt options in the BIOS, and now i can atleast uppload the new dump files, it might work a bit better now. I am gonna try to use the computer a bit.
    But can you please look again in the new crash files im sending if its still a thunderbolt drive issue?

    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ep8r621blvzyd/dump+SRT

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T06:32:42+00:00

    In Device Manager, you can find the Thunderbolt device, right click it and choose Disable, do not uninstall it because Windows will just re-install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T06:22:43+00:00

    Omg really?!

    I don't use the thunderbolt ports at the moment, could I just not remove the driver?

    Thank you, can't wait to try this after work 🙏

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments