108ºC is a very high temperature for an Intel i9 14900k, 100ºC is the max rated temperature for that processor, so you may have found the problem...
Getting random BSOD or black screen on new windows 11/10 installation. Need help figuring out why.
I have updated the bios and are running in stock settings but with Intels fails safe update enable and made sure all drivers are up to date from the support page from ASUS.
Usually when i have unreal egnine or a game with Battle eye or Discord open my PC crashes to a bluescreen or black screen and reboots. But the PC could crash in to bsod at randome after working fine for extensive usage.
I have run mem64 with to errors, + Memory Diagnostic no error + SFC/scannow with to errors + DISM commands and no errors.
Please help me to get my PC more stable or figure out what is causing the crashes!
Thank you :)
link to DMP file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2i13zkkotkaw6n5/062424-11296-01.dmp/file
Edit:
The problem I hade was insufficient cooling for my i9 14900k.
It was difficult to diagnose because the temperature could sometimes be stable for a good amout of hours.
But the give away was that the crashes hade much closer intervals when it began to crash and I couldn't get a good dump file.
Here is a great video that describes the problem. https://youtu.be/xbhk-le8u2U?si=OsWpBKHf9qPRCZPn
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-06-27T14:17:30+00:00 Im putting this on solve because it alignes with the symtom of overheating,
The crashes dont come imidietly but when they start they repeat untill I take a long break from the PC and try again, and them it seames stable untill it begins again, and then it repeats the pattern.
The strange thing is that I could run cinebensh 30min without crash, untill I opened up a game imidietly after and then it bsod. I assume it's because the cpu looses stability at over 100C
I9 14900K
-
Anonymous
2024-06-27T14:14:46+00:00 Got damit.....
I it was so obvious all along, im gonna go and buy a new Chassi and the largest aio i can find😂
Thank you for keeping me sane.
I was losing my mind!
-
Anonymous
2024-06-27T13:37:38+00:00 Could it be cpu overheating?
Its a small Chassi, 280 aio for a i9 14900k.
It can get up to 108C sometimes.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-27T08:01:54+00:00 I did not see the GPU listed in the minidump files, I suspect a possible problem with the CPU may be causing the system crashes.