How do I get my Microsoft account back after it getting hacked?

Reported
Anonymous
2024-06-20T15:39:47+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community,

I'm reaching out for urgent help with my hacked Microsoft account. Despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to regain access to my account and am feeling quite frustrated and helpless.

Here's a summary of the steps I've taken so far: I first noticed unusual activity on my account and realized it had been hacked. I tried contacting Microsoft Support through email and phone but did not receive a resolution. The phone calls only connected me to bots, and there was no option to speak with an actual person. I meticulously filled out the account recovery form, providing every detail requested. Unfortunately, the response stated that I didn't provide enough proof, even though I included all the information asked for in the form.

I wanted to include some details of my own, like screenshots proving my ownership and showing that I have had access to it for many years. Additionally, I have previous communications, purchase receipts, and other relevant data that could help verify my identity. However, the recovery form did not allow for this.

I'm feeling quite frustrated as this account is crucial for me, and I am at a loss on how to proceed further.

As a last resort, I am considering contacting the police and the GDPR authorities to request Microsoft to delete all my information and permanently delete the account to prevent any misuse of my data.

Could someone from the community or a Microsoft representative guide me on what further steps I can take? Are there any alternative methods or additional support channels that might be more effective?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T13:21:35+00:00

    não consegui

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-19T09:51:16+00:00

    Someone is trying to repeatedly login to my account for a past week. I keep getting log in security codes

    Pls help in identifying the source

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-23T16:38:02+00:00

    on Friday 20th September I received a email from you saying someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account on my Hotmail address and askes me to verify your identity with a security challenge then change my password, when I pressed the recover account section it takes me to the Microsoft sign in page, this is where the problem starts, I sign in with my current Hotmail address then it goes to the next screen to enter my password and the only email to send the code to is ******@severntrent.co.uk which was my email when I worked for them some 10 plus years ago, doesn't give me my current e mail address pressed forgot password tried that numerous times then message says sign in is blocked too many times then when i go to reset my password again its only my old works email showing again, seems I'm going round and round in circles and cant get to speak to a human being to sort this out for me and probably have loads of e mails I cant see or reply too, don't know how you can notify me when I'm not getting any e mails to my Hotmail address!!!!!

    HELP ME PLEASE PS I'm using using my husbands computer my name is joy Crosby

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T01:52:25+00:00

    Lograste recuperarla bro

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T01:51:49+00:00

    We a mi me hackearon y microsoft ni en cuenta jajajajaja literal apenas termine un juego y al día siguiente por sus Huevos me cambian todo y espero ver a quien le vendieron mi cuenta para recuperarla

    0 comments No comments