How do I get my Microsoft account back after it getting hacked?

Reported
Anonymous
2024-06-20T15:39:47+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community,

I'm reaching out for urgent help with my hacked Microsoft account. Despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to regain access to my account and am feeling quite frustrated and helpless.

Here's a summary of the steps I've taken so far: I first noticed unusual activity on my account and realized it had been hacked. I tried contacting Microsoft Support through email and phone but did not receive a resolution. The phone calls only connected me to bots, and there was no option to speak with an actual person. I meticulously filled out the account recovery form, providing every detail requested. Unfortunately, the response stated that I didn't provide enough proof, even though I included all the information asked for in the form.

I wanted to include some details of my own, like screenshots proving my ownership and showing that I have had access to it for many years. Additionally, I have previous communications, purchase receipts, and other relevant data that could help verify my identity. However, the recovery form did not allow for this.

I'm feeling quite frustrated as this account is crucial for me, and I am at a loss on how to proceed further.

As a last resort, I am considering contacting the police and the GDPR authorities to request Microsoft to delete all my information and permanently delete the account to prevent any misuse of my data.

Could someone from the community or a Microsoft representative guide me on what further steps I can take? Are there any alternative methods or additional support channels that might be more effective?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-14T15:13:42+00:00

    Hi, i've been hacked and my account has been deleted.. I had minecraft code redeemed on my microsoft account and now i lost 30 euro. I think if i dont get my account recovered i'd have to sue microsoft.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-14T09:24:45+00:00

    I have no acces to my account my xbox account worth thousands is now hacked my pc is using microsoft i cant play minecraft no more my old memories on my xbox and microsoft account would it be possible to regain the account if i went to the headquarters at amsterdam to maybe get it back some how?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-22T20:54:23+00:00

    Hello Microsoft Community,

    I'm reaching out for urgent help with my hacked Microsoft account. Despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to regain access to my account and am feeling quite frustrated and helpless.

    Here's a summary of the steps I've taken so far: I first noticed unusual activity on my account and realized it had been hacked. I tried contacting Microsoft Support through email and phone but did not receive a resolution. The phone calls only connected me to bots, and there was no option to speak with an actual person. I meticulously filled out the account recovery form, providing every detail requested. Unfortunately, the response stated that I didn't provide enough proof, even though I included all the information asked for in the form.

    I wanted to include some details of my own, like screenshots proving my ownership and showing that I have had access to it for many years. Additionally, I have previous communications, purchase receipts, and other relevant data that could help verify my identity. However, the recovery form did not allow for this.

    I'm feeling quite frustrated as this account is crucial for me, and I am at a loss on how to proceed further.

    As a last resort, I am considering contacting the police and the GDPR authorities to request Microsoft to delete all my information and permanently delete the account to prevent any misuse of my data.

    Could someone from the community or a Microsoft representative guide me on what further steps I can take? Are there any alternative methods or additional support channels that might be more effective?

    Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

    I have tried to sign in but doesn’t reconignise my phone number and email and authorisation code is not getting sent to my email so carnt reset sorry for terrible spelling but have been trying all night please fix this problem my phone number is 0428151487 Katrina Clark

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T02:32:23+00:00

    I am having a similar issue as the other guy and have followed the steps that you provided in a desperate effort to gain back my account, but all I got after the live chat was an email that says, "Unfortunately, we are not able to help with unusual sign-in activity." What is my best course of action now? Is there really anything I can do? Or should I just delete my account?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T21:15:54+00:00

    Once you have taken all possible steps to safeguard your identity, what you do after that is totally up to you. Best wishes for your success.

    0 comments No comments