Windows Error - 0X8007370d

Anonymous
2024-07-09T02:09:10+00:00

My PC has had issues for years with windows as a whole and one persistent problem has always been windows updates. I've fixed pretty much everything else and the only problem my computer has is not being able to update windows. I have also tried using command prompt and issuing DISM and SFC /SCANNOW prompts but nothing has worked. Any ideas/fixes for my issue?

Error code: 0X8007370d

OS: Windows 11 home

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-08-03T19:01:26+00:00

Please do the following:

  • Open the folder "C:\Windows\System32\Config"
  • In the above folder, rename "COMPONENTS" to "COMPONENTS.OLD"
  • Download COMPONENTS.zip
  • Unzip and extract the file "COMPONENTS" to the desktop.
  • Move "COMPONENTS" from your desktop to "C:\Windows\System32\Config".

See if you can install updates and run DISM now.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-09-17T03:29:39+00:00

    You're welcome, Scott. Glad to have helped.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T05:32:15+00:00

    Hi Ramesh,

    I am having the same issue. Here is my ComponentsScanner.txt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-10T05:39:04+00:00

    Please share the COMPONENTS file. See my previous posts for instructions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T05:55:54+00:00

    I think I did it correctly.

    COMPONENTS.zip

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments