Windows Error - 0X8007370d

Anonymous
2024-07-09T02:09:10+00:00

My PC has had issues for years with windows as a whole and one persistent problem has always been windows updates. I've fixed pretty much everything else and the only problem my computer has is not being able to update windows. I have also tried using command prompt and issuing DISM and SFC /SCANNOW prompts but nothing has worked. Any ideas/fixes for my issue?

Error code: 0X8007370d

OS: Windows 11 home

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-08-03T19:01:26+00:00

Please do the following:

  • Open the folder "C:\Windows\System32\Config"
  • In the above folder, rename "COMPONENTS" to "COMPONENTS.OLD"
  • Download COMPONENTS.zip
  • Unzip and extract the file "COMPONENTS" to the desktop.
  • Move "COMPONENTS" from your desktop to "C:\Windows\System32\Config".

See if you can install updates and run DISM now.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-07-22T17:33:13+00:00

    Please zip and share the "%windir%\System32\config\COMPONENTS" file on OneDrive.

    Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

    :: OneDrive sharing options - screenshot ::

        https://imgur.com/a/vZyxpY9

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T00:53:24+00:00

    I am so sorry for replying late. Here is the log file:

    ComponentsScanner Version 1.5.1.0 by sysnative.com Windows Version: Windows 11 23H2 x64 (10.0.22631.3593) Start time: 2024-07-11T19:49:03 Hive scanned: %windir%\System32\config\COMPONENTS Number of keys: 185180 Number of values: 297570

    ==== Critical Errors ==== None

    ==== Corrupt Key Names ==== Key: ROOT\DerivedData\Components\amd64_multipoint-logcollector.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.22621.1_en-us_9d07431s46e478fc

    ==== Corrupt Value Names ==== None

    ==== Corrupt Value Data Type ==== None

    ==== Corrupt Value Data ==== Key: ROOT\CanonicalData\Deployments\microsoft-w..anguagepack_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.22621.1_147a3c574859c8d3 Value: s!CBS_microsoft-windows-iis-webserver-addon-package~31bf3856ad364e_6e531c22488951e5 Type: RegBinary Data: i Microsoft-Windows-IIS-WebServer-AddOn-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~10.0.22621.1nIIS-StaticContent Data (raw): 69-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-4D-69-63-72-6F-73-6F-66-74-2D-57-69-6E-64-6F-77-73-2D-49-49-53-2D-57-65-62-53-65-72-76-65-72-2D-41-64-64-4F-6E-2D-50-61-63-6B-61-67-65-7E-33-31-62-66-33-38-35-36-61-64-33-36-34-65-33-35-7E-61-6D-64-36-34-7E-65-6E-2D-55-53-7E-31-30-2E-30-2E-32-32-36-32-31-2E-31-6E-49-49-53-2D-53-74-61-74-69-63-43-6F-6E-74-65-6E-74 Suggestion: i Microsoft-Windows-IIS-WebServer-AddOn-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~10.0.22621.1.IIS-StaticContent 69-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-4D-69-63-72-6F-73-6F-66-74-2D-57-69-6E-64-6F-77-73-2D-49-49-53-2D-57-65-62-53-65-72-76-65-72-2D-41-64-64-4F-6E-2D-50-61-63-6B-61-67-65-7E-33-31-62-66-33-38-35-36-61-64-33-36-34-65-33-35-7E-61-6D-64-36-34-7E-65-6E-2D-55-53-7E-31-30-2E-30-2E-32-32-36-32-31-2E-31-2E-49-49-53-2D-53-74-61-74-69-63-43-6F-6E-74-65-6E-74

    Key: ROOT\DerivedData\Components\wow64_microsoft-windows-i..l-keyboard-00040408_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.22621.1_none_e2c05cb7549c4059 Value: identity Type: RegBinary Data: Microsoft-Windows-International-Keyboard-00040408, Culture=neut2al, Version=10.0.22621.1, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, ProcessorArchitecture=wow64, versionScope=NonSxS Data (raw): 4D-69-63-72-6F-73-6F-66-74-2D-57-69-6E-64-6F-77-73-2D-49-6E-74-65-72-6E-61-74-69-6F-6E-61-6C-2D-4B-65-79-62-6F-61-72-64-2D-30-30-30-34-30-34-30-38-2C-20-43-75-6C-74-75-72-65-3D-6E-65-75-74-32-61-6C-2C-20-56-65-72-73-69-6F-6E-3D-31-30-2E-30-2E-32-32-36-32-31-2E-31-2C-20-50-75-62-6C-69-63-4B-65-79-54-6F-6B-65-6E-3D-33-31-62-66-33-38-35-36-61-64-33-36-34-65-33-35-2C-20-50-72-6F-63-65-73-73-6F-72-41-72-63-68-69-74-65-63-74-75-72-65-3D-77-6F-77-36-34-2C-20-76-65-72-73-69-6F-6E-53-63-6F-70-65-3D-4E-6F-6E-53-78-53 Suggestion: Microsoft-Windows-International-Keyboard-00040408, Culture=neutral, Version=10.0.22621.1, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, ProcessorArchitecture=wow64, versionScope=NonSxS 4D-69-63-72-6F-73-6F-66-74-2D-57-69-6E-64-6F-77-73-2D-49-6E-74-65-72-6E-61-74-69-6F-6E-61-6C-2D-4B-65-79-62-6F-61-72-64-2D-30-30-30-34-30-34-30-38-2C-20-43-75-6C-74-75-72-65-3D-6E-65-75-74-72-61-6C-2C-20-56-65-72-73-69-6F-6E-3D-31-30-2E-30-2E-32-32-36-32-31-2E-31-2C-20-50-75-62-6C-69-63-4B-65-79-54-6F-6B-65-6E-3D-33-31-62-66-33-38-35-36-61-64-33-36-34-65-33-35-2C-20-50-72-6F-63-65-73-73-6F-72-41-72-63-68-69-74-65-63-74-75-72-65-3D-77-6F-77-36-34-2C-20-76-65-72-73-69-6F-6E-53-63-6F-70-65-3D-4E-6F-6E-53-78-53

    Key: ROOT\DerivedData\Components\wow64_microsoft-windows-i..tservice-deployment_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.22621.1_none_dd3d977ce1a62422 Value: identity Type: RegBinary Data: Microsoft-Windows-IIS-ManagementService-Deployment, Culture=neutral, Version=10.0.22621.1, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, ProcessorArchitecture=wow64l versionScope=NonSxS Data (raw): 4D-69-63-72-6F-73-6F-66-74-2D-57-69-6E-64-6F-77-73-2D-49-49-53-2D-4D-61-6E-61-67-65-6D-65-6E-74-53-65-72-76-69-63-65-2D-44-65-70-6C-6F-79-6D-65-6E-74-2C-20-43-75-6C-74-75-72-65-3D-6E-65-75-74-72-61-6C-2C-20-56-65-72-73-69-6F-6E-3D-31-30-2E-30-2E-32-32-36-32-31-2E-31-2C-20-50-75-62-6C-69-63-4B-65-79-54-6F-6B-65-6E-3D-33-31-62-66-33-38-35-36-61-64-33-36-34-65-33-35-2C-20-50-72-6F-63-65-73-73-6F-72-41-72-63-68-69-74-65-63-74-75-72-65-3D-77-6F-77-36-34-6C-20-76-65-72-73-69-6F-6E-53-63-6F-70-65-3D-4E-6F-6E-53-78-53 Suggestion: Microsoft-Windows-IIS-ManagementService-Deployment, Culture=neutral, Version=10.0.22621.1, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, ProcessorArchitecture=wow64, versionScope=NonSxS 4D-69-63-72-6F-73-6F-66-74-2D-57-69-6E-64-6F-77-73-2D-49-49-53-2D-4D-61-6E-61-67-65-6D-65-6E-74-53-65-72-76-69-63-65-2D-44-65-70-6C-6F-79-6D-65-6E-74-2C-20-43-75-6C-74-75-72-65-3D-6E-65-75-74-72-61-6C-2C-20-56-65-72-73-69-6F-6E-3D-31-30-2E-30-2E-32-32-36-32-31-2E-31-2C-20-50-75-62-6C-69-63-4B-65-79-54-6F-6B-65-6E-3D-33-31-62-66-33-38-35-36-61-64-33-36-34-65-33-35-2C-20-50-72-6F-63-65-73-73-6F-72-41-72-63-68-69-74-65-63-74-75-72-65-3D-77-6F-77-36-34-2C-20-76-65-72-73-69-6F-6E-53-63-6F-70-65-3D-4E-6F-6E-53-78-53

    ==== Repair Log ==== No possible repairs

    ==== Warnings ==== None

    Storing 0KB in C:\Users\redea\AppData\Local\Sysnative\ComponentsScanner

    Finish Time: 2024-07-11T19:49:35. Corruption scan time: 9.2574874s ===========================EOF===========================

    Again, I apologize for replying so late. Also this forum does not let me attach media files so I had to copy and paste it here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,365 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-09T04:57:43+00:00

    The components registry branch seems to have malformed entries. Can you run ComponentsScanner 64-bit and share the log file?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-09T04:32:46+00:00

    I have actually tried a repair installation and that itself had trouble reinstalling the current update. I kind of forgot what happened but I think I got set back another previous update but then I got it working so now i'm back at square one. Anyways here's the link to my CBS:
    CBS

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments