Windows Error - 0X8007370d

Anonymous
2024-07-09T02:09:10+00:00

My PC has had issues for years with windows as a whole and one persistent problem has always been windows updates. I've fixed pretty much everything else and the only problem my computer has is not being able to update windows. I have also tried using command prompt and issuing DISM and SFC /SCANNOW prompts but nothing has worked. Any ideas/fixes for my issue?

Error code: 0X8007370d

OS: Windows 11 home

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-08-03T19:01:26+00:00

Please do the following:

  • Open the folder "C:\Windows\System32\Config"
  • In the above folder, rename "COMPONENTS" to "COMPONENTS.OLD"
  • Download COMPONENTS.zip
  • Unzip and extract the file "COMPONENTS" to the desktop.
  • Move "COMPONENTS" from your desktop to "C:\Windows\System32\Config".

See if you can install updates and run DISM now.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T06:31:41+00:00

    I forgot to run as administrator. I got this for the component clean up. I tried to go Reged after but not able to see files under component.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-10T06:21:20+00:00

    Did you run those commands first?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T06:15:38+00:00

    COMPONENTS is not in Regedit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-10T06:06:35+00:00

    Please run:

    dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

    and

    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    Then, open Regedit.exe and go to:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\amd64_microsoft-devicepro..-providar.resousces_31bc3856ad334e35_10.0.22621.1_en-us_3eba9112354a520a

    Export the branch to a REG file.

    Right-click "amd64_microsoft-devicepro..-providar.resousces_31bc3856ad334e35_10.0.22621.1_en-us_3eba9112354a520a" and choose Delete.

    Exit the Registry Editor.

    Install updates now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments