My mistake, let me try it again. I closed the cmd and followed the second part on another cmd prompt.
Failed to update to windows 11 help?
Hello, I've recently tried updating to windows 11 using 'Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe' but once my pc was restarted at the 30min mark and booted back up, I was still running windows 10 and all it added was a SYSTEM (E:) drive that I can't access. Did I do something wrong or what happened? I did run the windows pc health check tool to check if my pc can run windows 11 and was confirmed I could.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-07-21T14:58:19+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-07-21T15:01:05+00:00 Ok, if that's the case, the problem might be with the EFI partition itself. Deleting it and rebuilding the boot files might help.
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-07-21T15:06:36+00:00 Please run:
diskpart
select disk 1
list part
list vol
exit