On a new command prompt or still on the same one as the above screenshot
Failed to update to windows 11 help?
Hello, I've recently tried updating to windows 11 using 'Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe' but once my pc was restarted at the 30min mark and booted back up, I was still running windows 10 and all it added was a SYSTEM (E:) drive that I can't access. Did I do something wrong or what happened? I did run the windows pc health check tool to check if my pc can run windows 11 and was confirmed I could.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-07-21T15:12:34+00:00 -
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-07-21T15:14:00+00:00 Existing CMD window will be fine. But type "exit" to come out of Diskpart environment.
-
Anonymous
2024-07-21T17:13:43+00:00 Nice.
Please run the earlier step #2 (disk partition information) > post new results after upgrade
For HD Sentinel > in the left column > click on ADATA SU630 > post images or share links
Post a link for motherboard BIOS / Drivers
-
Anonymous
2024-07-21T23:11:15+00:00 ok done, sorry it took me a while to get back.
-
Anonymous
2024-07-22T00:09:52+00:00 There were two BSOD recorded in the collected log files (last 06/2024) that may be seen with drive, drive attachment, or driver problems.
There was a failure to update the disabled recovery partition > this may have been fixed by the successful upgrade.
When available please post results for the second drive (ADATA SU630 )and disk partition information script.
Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration
Information:
Windows RE status: Disabled
Windows RE location:
Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: d9f8db7e-cd56-11ea-ba54-c14a2ddc2630
Recovery image location:
Recovery image index: 0
Custom image location:
Custom image index: 0
REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
Drive: C:Free Space: 86.1 GB
Total Space: 228.3 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ADATA SU630 Drive: D:Free Space: 808.4 GB
Total Space: 953.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0