Failed to update to windows 11 help?

Anonymous
2024-07-19T07:56:57+00:00

Hello, I've recently tried updating to windows 11 using 'Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe' but once my pc was restarted at the 30min mark and booted back up, I was still running windows 10 and all it added was a SYSTEM (E:) drive that I can't access. Did I do something wrong or what happened? I did run the windows pc health check tool to check if my pc can run windows 11 and was confirmed I could.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T02:27:45+00:00

    Yes. I just restarted the computer again followed the steps again and this time it looks like it worked. I'm currently running the windows 11 update again, I will reply again once it's done with the results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-20T02:18:10+00:00

    In Step 3, you enabled the "Hide all Microsoft Services" option, right?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T02:04:32+00:00

    Ok I followed the clean boot instructions but now my computer is stuck in a black screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-19T23:32:52+00:00

    Bryan,

    Please clean boot Windows and then re-run the Windows 11 setup. A clean boot is the process of starting Windows without loading third-party apps and services. Please see this Microsoft article for more information.

    See:

    How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

    (Step 3 is very important. You need to first enable "Hide all Microsoft Services" before clicking "Disable all".)

    After restarting, try upgrading to Windows 11.

    Post fresh setup logs if the setup doesn't succeed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T20:20:15+00:00

    Hello, Ramesh. I've updated my BIOS successfully could you please help me continue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments