I also checked my motherboards manufacturer website and could find the drivers as I believe they've been discontinued. All I get back after inputting my info in the search bar is a 'No Data' response.
Failed to update to windows 11 help?
Hello, I've recently tried updating to windows 11 using 'Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe' but once my pc was restarted at the 30min mark and booted back up, I was still running windows 10 and all it added was a SYSTEM (E:) drive that I can't access. Did I do something wrong or what happened? I did run the windows pc health check tool to check if my pc can run windows 11 and was confirmed I could.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-07-20T19:08:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-07-20T19:05:35+00:00 I've tried looking for my devices chipset drivers but have been unable to find them. All I came across was an 'Intel Chipset INF Utility' tool which installs the INF files but I'm not sure if that helps. After I installed them the 'update to windows 11' option, as the screenshot I shared doesn't appear anymore. wondering if I did something wrong.
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-07-20T11:26:24+00:00 Hi Bryan_007,
It's the same error code. Please try updating the chipset drivers. If that doesn't help, you may consider doing a Reset (with the "keep my files" and "cloud download' options). After the reset, try to upgrade to Windows 11.
https://pureinfotech.com/reset-pc-keeping-files...
A reset will clean install Windows. If you choose the "Keep my files" option, your files will be intact. However, it wipes your apps and settings.
Standard Disclaimer: There is a link to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to provide accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
-
Anonymous
2024-07-20T04:40:54+00:00 Ok finished up again and still running windows 10 heres the link to the setup logs