Here are the files requested
Failed to update to windows 11 help?
Hello, I've recently tried updating to windows 11 using 'Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe' but once my pc was restarted at the 30min mark and booted back up, I was still running windows 10 and all it added was a SYSTEM (E:) drive that I can't access. Did I do something wrong or what happened? I did run the windows pc health check tool to check if my pc can run windows 11 and was confirmed I could.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-07-21T06:45:00+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-07-21T03:58:57+00:00 Please run the V2 log collector and post a share link into this thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive.
https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/2198-bsod-posting-instructions.html
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/bsod-posting-instructions.103/
Make sure that links are available without sign in.
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-07-21T02:59:46+00:00 You're most welcome, Bryan.
By the way, you can run the PC Health Check App to see if the device is compatible. Your CPU is listed in the compatible processors listing for Windows 11, and the BIOS release year is 2022, so it's pretty good for the upgrade.
0xc1900101 - 0x20017 is a driver or BIOS issue. An incompatible or outdated driver is causing it, even though the system supports Windows 11. A clean installation should prevent these errors because it's a supported system, and the BIOS is updated.
If you don't want to perform a clean installation, run the Farbar Scanner and share your logs on OneDrive.
- Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST64.exe)
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/
Note: If Microsoft Edge or Chrome mislabels the Farbar Scanner executable as PUA/malware, choose to keep it by tapping … in the bottom bar, choosing Keep, and then choosing Keep anyway in the dialog that appears.
- Rename FRST64.exe to FRST64English.exe.
- Run the program. Don't check or uncheck any options. Click "Scan".
- Upload the two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt, to your OneDrive and share the link here.
How-To: Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support:
:: OneDrive sharing options - screenshot ::
-
Anonymous
2024-07-21T02:35:09+00:00 I'm thinking my pc isn't capable of running windows 11 it just thinks it can for some reason. My pc is pretty old and I struggled to find the BIOS updates as the manufacturer discontinued the updates, same for the chipset drivers. I don't think anything I try will fix the issue, but I appreciate your help and patience Ramesh. Thank you.
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-07-21T02:16:37+00:00 The Windows 11 Feature update option vanishes after some failed update attempts. The Intel Chipset INF Utility tool may not have caused it. You can still launch the Windows 11 setup using the ISO. However, the root cause of error 0xc1900101 - 0x20017 must be fixed first. It's caused by outdated BIOS or chipset drivers.
Other than Reset, the only option is I can think of is to uninstall a set of drivers and try running the upgrade. If that doesn't work, uninstall the remaining drivers and try again. It's a tedious process, actually. Also, it's highly suggested to have an image-based backup of the OS partition before trying those steps.