Should I do this before or after the steps 'questions_' asked me to do?
Failed to update to windows 11 help?
Hello, I've recently tried updating to windows 11 using 'Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe' but once my pc was restarted at the 30min mark and booted back up, I was still running windows 10 and all it added was a SYSTEM (E:) drive that I can't access. Did I do something wrong or what happened? I did run the windows pc health check tool to check if my pc can run windows 11 and was confirmed I could.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-07-21T08:38:29+00:00 -
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-07-21T08:22:36+00:00 Bryan,
Please create a Restore Point.
Create a USB setup disk. You may not need it. But it's good to keep it ready.
• Download fixlist.txt [https://1drv.ms/t/s!AjVYLGw0OBWU1HKt1T-cv4xqto3...]
• Save Fixlist.txt in the same folder where FRST64English.exe is.
• Close all program windows.
• Launch the Farbar Scanner tool and click "Fix".
• Reboot Windows when prompted.
• Upload the output log file (FixLog.txt) to your OneDrive.
The above fixlist removes some old drivers (RGB drivers) that may be interrupting the setup.
Please retry the Windows 11 upgrade. If the setup fails, please share the latest setup logs.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-07-21T07:31:10+00:00 - Run Tuneup plus > post a share link
https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/162488-batch-files-use-bsod-debugging-2.html#post2177966 https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/162488-batch-files-use-bsod-debugging.html#Part3
- Run disk partition information > post a share link
https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/bsod-crashes-debugging/355861d1640707960-batch-files-use-bsod-debugging-diskparinfo.bat https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/162488-batch-files-use-bsod-debugging.html#post1994162
- Uninstall AVG using the applicable uninstall tool
https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlname=uninstall-avg-software-clear-remover
- Make sure that Microsoft defender is on
- Run HD Sentinel trial version https://www.hdsentinel.com/index.php Post images or share links for results on these tabs:
a) Overview
b) Temperature
c) SMART
- Disconnect all hardware except mouse, keyboard, and one monitor for the next upgrade attempt
- Uninstall and reinstall Nvidia GPU drivers using DDU
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/367109-display-driver-uninstaller-how-use.html
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-DDU-
https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Disconnect from Ethernet and Wifi
- Upgrade using the Media Creation Tool Windows 11 iso) without Internet access
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/upgrade-to-windows-11.152/
- For any upgrade failure run:
https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/bsod-crashes-debugging/353454d1638278360-batch-files-use-bsod-debugging-upgrade_failure_info.bat https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/162488-batch-files-use-bsod-debugging-2.html#post2067853
-
Anonymous
2024-07-21T06:53:15+00:00 Here is the V2 log collector zip file as requested