Failed to update to windows 11 help?

Anonymous
2024-07-19T07:56:57+00:00

Hello, I've recently tried updating to windows 11 using 'Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe' but once my pc was restarted at the 30min mark and booted back up, I was still running windows 10 and all it added was a SYSTEM (E:) drive that I can't access. Did I do something wrong or what happened? I did run the windows pc health check tool to check if my pc can run windows 11 and was confirmed I could.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T14:58:19+00:00

    My mistake, let me try it again. I closed the cmd and followed the second part on another cmd prompt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-21T14:51:28+00:00

    You didn't run the earlier commands. Why?

    Hence the error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T14:47:20+00:00

    I think i might have done something wrong

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-21T14:18:52+00:00

    Please run:


    diskpart
    
    select disk 1
    
    select part 1
    
    assign letter=Y
    
    exit
    
    bcdboot c:\windows /s Y: /f UEFI
    

    Please post a screenshot.

    Restart Windows and open Disk Management. Post screenshot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments