Failed to update to windows 11 help?

Anonymous
2024-07-19T07:56:57+00:00

Hello, I've recently tried updating to windows 11 using 'Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe' but once my pc was restarted at the 30min mark and booted back up, I was still running windows 10 and all it added was a SYSTEM (E:) drive that I can't access. Did I do something wrong or what happened? I did run the windows pc health check tool to check if my pc can run windows 11 and was confirmed I could.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-21T15:14:00+00:00

    Existing CMD window will be fine. But type "exit" to come out of Diskpart environment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T15:12:34+00:00

    On a new command prompt or still on the same one as the above screenshot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-21T15:06:36+00:00

    Please run:

    diskpart

    select disk 1

    list part

    list vol

    exit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T15:02:41+00:00

    Ok i got this now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-21T15:01:05+00:00

    Ok, if that's the case, the problem might be with the EFI partition itself. Deleting it and rebuilding the boot files might help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments