Failed to update to windows 11 help?

Anonymous
2024-07-19T07:56:57+00:00

Hello, I've recently tried updating to windows 11 using 'Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe' but once my pc was restarted at the 30min mark and booted back up, I was still running windows 10 and all it added was a SYSTEM (E:) drive that I can't access. Did I do something wrong or what happened? I did run the windows pc health check tool to check if my pc can run windows 11 and was confirmed I could.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T09:10:44+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-19T08:29:50+00:00

    Hi Bryan, This is Ramesh.

    Please share your setup logs to help me determine why the upgrade rolled back.

    • Open the "C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\" folder.
    
    • Select the two folders, "Panther" and "Rollback" (if present).
    
    • Copy the two folders to the desktop and Zip them.
    
    • Upload the zip file to OneDrive and share the link here. 
    

    (How-To: Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support)

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/shar...

    :: OneDrive sharing options - screenshot ::

    [https://imgur.com/a/vZyxpY9](https://imgur.com/a/vZyxpY9)
    

    Also, open Disk Management and maximize it. Post a screenshot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments