Failed to update to windows 11 help?

Anonymous
2024-07-19T07:56:57+00:00

Hello, I've recently tried updating to windows 11 using 'Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe' but once my pc was restarted at the 30min mark and booted back up, I was still running windows 10 and all it added was a SYSTEM (E:) drive that I can't access. Did I do something wrong or what happened? I did run the windows pc health check tool to check if my pc can run windows 11 and was confirmed I could.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-20T11:26:24+00:00

    Hi Bryan_007,

    It's the same error code. Please try updating the chipset drivers. If that doesn't help, you may consider doing a Reset (with the "keep my files" and "cloud download' options). After the reset, try to upgrade to Windows 11.

    https://pureinfotech.com/reset-pc-keeping-files...

    A reset will clean install Windows. If you choose the "Keep my files" option, your files will be intact. However, it wipes your apps and settings.

    Standard Disclaimer: There is a link to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to provide accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T04:42:37+00:00

    This is what I keep getting

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T04:40:54+00:00

    Ok finished up again and still running windows 10 heres the link to the setup logs

    Desktop.zip

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T02:27:45+00:00

    Yes. I just restarted the computer again followed the steps again and this time it looks like it worked. I'm currently running the windows 11 update again, I will reply again once it's done with the results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,100 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-20T02:18:10+00:00

    In Step 3, you enabled the "Hide all Microsoft Services" option, right?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments