Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?

Anonymous
2024-07-17T00:07:24+00:00

So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T14:24:30+00:00

    It also unlocks the mouse on Black ops 6. However, the mouse gets teleported back to the center of the screen. If you turn fast enough, you can see your mouse entering the other monitor briefly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T14:58:29+00:00

    Probably why i didn't see it on my quick test lol just done a quick little test on 3600 dpi on sensitivity 8 and understand what you mean although it seems to of been worse before i uninstalled that update unless activision was aware of the issue and made an update to make the mouse jump back quicker.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T15:20:24+00:00

    Perfect ill try it when i get home. Could you maybe give some steps on how to uninstall the update im relatively new to computers so any help would be great. Also how would we know when the problem is solved,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T08:30:38+00:00

    This problem is ridiculous. And it figures that game bar is the likely culprit. It wasn't enough that it doesn't work well, no it has to sabotage our experience with completely unrelated things. I've confirmed on my end that it's game bar. I restarted my PC, started up Halo: Infinite and everything was working fine. I open game bar, start a party, and boom.. cursor starts travelling to my second monitor. What a ridiculous problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T08:39:55+00:00

    It's odd because this all started for me after a Phasmophobia update that released when the console versions became available. But after testing, it seems like it's most likely game bar that's causing it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments