Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?

Anonymous
2024-07-17T00:07:24+00:00

So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T11:25:33+00:00

    Same thing is happening to me. I usually join party with my friends to play OW2, or The Finals. But as of the most recent update once I open up game bar my mouse is no longer locked to any full-screen application. Solution please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T17:55:52+00:00

    Same issue, game bar breaks mouse cursor lock on Sea of Thieves, only when closed by "clicking on empty space" and not using the keybind to close the overlay.

    Only a PC restart fixes it.

    Gamebar is in an unusable state. Please provide a fix ASAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T21:17:15+00:00

    Just came across this same issue this week. When I open up my game bar my cursor unlocks in all games until I restart my computer. If anyone finds a solution to this issue please let me know, Thank You.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T21:37:47+00:00

    My solution was to uninstall gamebar until this is fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-18T00:40:57+00:00

    I am using this tool and I have the same issue. Is it a setting in the app that I could change to fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments