Same issue recently haven't usec gamebar in about a month, decide to use it while playing destiny 2 and now it breaks cursor lock. Have to restart pc to fix it
Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?
So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-10-10T01:26:15+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-10-15T17:45:39+00:00 This definitely made me hesitant to use Xbox game bar now because I'd have to restart the PC every time it happened. Updated to 24H2, and it fixed the problem for me as of now. I have a feeling the issue will occur again though. Edit: Problem still occurs with updated windows. I think I've figured the reason why it happens for me and it's because of pressing Windows+G again while being in the game bar screen
-
Anonymous
2024-10-15T19:02:03+00:00 i have somthing like this two when im on a game (roblox) and i open game bar and i right click my cursor wont lock in place and when i shift lock it would move. and i dont know how to fix it
-
Anonymous
2024-10-15T19:29:40+00:00 Also having this issue, almost like the tab is staying open and not letting my mouse to lock on my main screen as usual. I’ve tried repairing and the other steps but still getting the same issue. Miss talking with my friends hopefully this gets sorted. Seems to have only started since I last updated my Windows 11
-
Anonymous
2024-10-16T02:56:27+00:00 It only happened on Windows 11 with my new mouse, I haven't tested it with my old one yet but will update when I do. I have not found a current solution to this problem but hopefully, I can find one.
My Mouse: Razer DeathAdder V2 X Hyperspeed, and my old one is a G502 X Wired.
I could be something to do with the Razer software but not entirely sure