I have indeed confirmed that this workaround does work, however the party starting experience is not quite as smooth as it is with GameBar.
Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?
So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2025-01-31T01:29:00+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-02-16T18:44:01+00:00 I have recently updated to 24H2 Windows 11, and for some reason the Game Bar now will properly capture my mouse cursor when playing Minecraft (Bedrock).
Seems to be fixed for me?
-
Anonymous
2025-02-16T18:44:42+00:00 I have recently updated to 24H2 Windows 11, and for some reason the Game Bar now will properly capture my mouse cursor when playing Minecraft (Bedrock).
Seems to be fixed for me?