Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?

Anonymous
2024-07-17T00:07:24+00:00

So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T03:59:51+00:00

    Hello! I'm Jen, and I'd be happy to help you out with this issue.

    I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Try repairing or resetting Xbox, Xbox gamebar and Gaming services app. Select Start > Settings > Apps > Installed Apps > Scroll down and look for Xbox app > Click on three dots next to it and select Advanced options > click Repair. If repair doesn't help, click Reset under the Repair button. Do the same steps above for Game Bar and Gaming Services app. You can find Game Bar by scrolling to the bottom > Click System Components. Reboot your computer afterwards then check if the problem is resolved. Let me know if this solution works for you. If not, please feel free to reply, and I'll be happy to provide further assistance. Thank you.

    Best Regards!

    Jen :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T23:14:50+00:00

    Welp, I attempted your steps of repairing the 3 different apss and resetting the computer, and then the reseting of apps and resetting the computer. Alas the problem still persists and continues. I made sure to check for driver updates and version updates as well before hand before attempting this process. Not sure if it would help but I am running build version (22635.3930 ni_release) although I didn't notice anything relating to my issue in their recent blog about the version in the known issues area.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T02:31:27+00:00

    Hi,

    May I ask if you use Razer Synapse tool for your mouse or keyboard? Do you have the app installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T15:27:13+00:00

    I've been getting the same issue for about 4-5 months now.

    Tried repairing and everything, nothing has worked. i've had to resort to either restarting PC and not opening gamebar or using a cursor lock software to mitigate.

    I did notice that it only happens whenever i don't get a chance to "close" gamebar, and something prompts it to minimise itself.

    So i think the behaviour is as if it the gamebar overlay is still open (as that removes the cursor lock) but the overlay is in fact closed.

    Again, it seems fine once i am able to close it intentionally with Windows Key + G but, once it gets force closed, the issue happens and stays until PC restart.

    Hope that info helps - anyone got any solutions yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T10:02:59+00:00

    Hello I am having the same problem with my PC I have just finished doing all of the other thing you have listed and they didn't work.

    I am using a Razer DeathAdder V2 X Hyperspeed with the Razer Synapse tool for my mouse.

    Are there any solutions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments