Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?

Anonymous
2024-07-17T00:07:24+00:00

So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T21:17:15+00:00

    Just came across this same issue this week. When I open up my game bar my cursor unlocks in all games until I restart my computer. If anyone finds a solution to this issue please let me know, Thank You.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T17:55:52+00:00

    Same issue, game bar breaks mouse cursor lock on Sea of Thieves, only when closed by "clicking on empty space" and not using the keybind to close the overlay.

    Only a PC restart fixes it.

    Gamebar is in an unusable state. Please provide a fix ASAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T11:25:33+00:00

    Same thing is happening to me. I usually join party with my friends to play OW2, or The Finals. But as of the most recent update once I open up game bar my mouse is no longer locked to any full-screen application. Solution please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T02:56:27+00:00

    It only happened on Windows 11 with my new mouse, I haven't tested it with my old one yet but will update when I do. I have not found a current solution to this problem but hopefully, I can find one.

    My Mouse: Razer DeathAdder V2 X Hyperspeed, and my old one is a G502 X Wired.

    I could be something to do with the Razer software but not entirely sure

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T19:29:40+00:00

    Also having this issue, almost like the tab is staying open and not letting my mouse to lock on my main screen as usual. I’ve tried repairing and the other steps but still getting the same issue. Miss talking with my friends hopefully this gets sorted. Seems to have only started since I last updated my Windows 11

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments