Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?

Anonymous
2024-07-17T00:07:24+00:00

So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-02T22:51:46+00:00

    I am using Logitech mouse with GHub and experiencing the same exact issue with Game Bar being root cause. This is not a Razor issue.

    Agreed. The only fix for the time being is uninstalling the Xbox app until this is fixed, or just not using game bar if you want xbox installed. Just wait for a patch/fix soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-31T11:51:36+00:00

    I am using Logitech mouse with GHub and experiencing the same exact issue with Game Bar being root cause. This is not a Razor issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-29T15:47:11+00:00

    Hi,

    May I ask if you use Razer Synapse tool for your mouse or keyboard? Do you have the app installed?

    Yes I use razor synapse and I'm having the same problems the original poster had. Is there something you need me to do with it to solve this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-26T21:16:25+00:00

    same issue i have been having open game bar close game bar and the cursor goes to different monitor only way iv fixed it was reinstall windows 11 but had an update today and it has come back microsoft support won’t do anything about it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-26T13:37:50+00:00

    Anyone find fix for this ? i tried installing older version of Xbox nothing changed still same issue !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments