repaired this 3 didn't fix it for me :(
edit: also updated them to the latest versions still the same issue so this is not working for me :\
Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?
So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-11-06T15:23:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-11-06T14:20:46+00:00 Cont.
I ended up repairing all Microsoft Vision C++ applications from 2015-22 and the apps below this on my application list. Attach a picture below and this seems to have sorted my issue with gamebar running and mouse running on to my second display when it should be locked in an fps game. Hope this works for you.
I repaired each of these in turn and after each repair my pc needed to restart. After all were done I no longer had the issue and tested it with gamebar running.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-06T14:14:55+00:00 Hello everyone,
Found this post really useful as I have the exact same issue as numerous people have detailed in this thread. I think I may have found fix for it. I repaired all three of the apps above and then I went on to fix the Microsoft Visual C++ using a separate thread on another issue as detailed below:
“Lester BernardReyes
Replied on July 5, 2024Report abuse
Hi Charles, thanks for reaching out. My name is Bernard a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.
I understand the issue you have, there is nothing to worry I am here to help, this error is due to a Visual C++ runtime library error and it can also be caused by the incompatible display driver, in this case, the first thing you need to do is to uninstall and reinstall the game which is having an issue as it will automatically reinstall runtime files required for the game, if the problem persists, you may follow the steps below:
Repair All Visual C++:
Press the Windows key + R and type:
appwiz.cpl
Then press
OK Right-click each Microsoft Visual C++> Click Change> click Repair
Note: Do this on all Visual C++ Restart the computer and check”
-
Anonymous
2024-11-04T23:46:47+00:00 I have both razor huntsman v3 mini keybaord along with the razor app and a Logitech superlight along with the logitech G-hub app
-
Anonymous
2024-11-03T13:22:24+00:00 the only issue with uninstalling is when playing games that require and Xbox login that require some components to log you in properly and receive in game invites, i had this issue the other day after i got fed up and blipped game bar but still wanted to play master chief collection with friends and it wouldnt let me join them nor receive any in game invites.